Featured post

Abimbola Elizabeth Rhodes (nee- Da Silva)

To Lagos,  Abimbola Elizabeth Rhodes (nee- Da Silva) was the Iyalode,  queen of all its women.  To Ile- Ife, she is Yeye Apesin, a godde...

Thursday 14 August 2014

Flinstones and the 2015 elections?? What??

The time for elections in Nigeria have come again. Recently, my father likened the Lagos politics to the famed Fred Flintstones and his Dinosaur, Dino. I remember being thoroughly confused but as usual, he cleared my confusion. My father explained that like Dino ran into the house and locked Fred out at the outro of the cartoon, the real people that care for and can affect the lives of the masses, have been locked out and the Dogs are chilling in the house, lording over the Freds.


I love my father. I love him because he has such a deep perspective on everything and a conversation with him challenges me every time. After pondering on what he told me for days and I literally mean, days, I came to my own conclusion. He is right. The real owners have been locked out of power and while I don't know how to play politics, I strongly believe 2015 elections is another opportunity for them to drag Dino out of the house.


If Fred (the people who really care about the masses) banged on the door long enough and the door opened for just a minute, that minute will be the elections. Thankfully, the door is about to open for a minute again. Let's be ready to fight the dogs and free Lagos for good. 



Fred leads Dino and not the other way round. Photo: unmistakenlycoolarchives.blogspot


Have a great day everyone!

With all my love,
Dara Rhodes


No comments:

Post a Comment