Featured post

Abimbola Elizabeth Rhodes (nee- Da Silva)

To Lagos,  Abimbola Elizabeth Rhodes (nee- Da Silva) was the Iyalode,  queen of all its women.  To Ile- Ife, she is Yeye Apesin, a godde...

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Single story.

Hello beautiful people,

The danger of a single story- Chimamanda Adichie.

I forgot to tell you, I got promoted! yay! Well, kind of. I no longer just write for CNBC, I am now also on the production team.

The amazing part, I LOVE IT!

Don't get me wrong, writing is still my number one passion and it will always be, but for a job I never ever even considered, being on the production team is pretty amazing.

While I am a strong believer in hard work and discipline I think one of the most important things this year has taught me thus far is that, yes, those are important values but faith is still the most important. Faith pushes you like nothing else especially when you think you can't go on. It is powerful like that.

The CFO at my office literally forced me to have faith. She didn't know I was going to like production as much as I do and even when I told her I couldn't do it, she kept her faith in me alive.

As I stood on the roof of my 12 floor office building today, looking at the Lagos skyline, I realized something incredibly powerful.

I can be anything I want be. We all know this but I think more of us need to realise it. You can be anything you want to be. As cliche as that sounds (And God knows I hate cliche sayings) its the simple truth. I can be a writer and a producer.

Standing on that roof, I became filled with so much excitement as I wondered what piece of V.I my Rhodes Tower will occupy. lol

The truth about the matter is, nobody is a single story. We have so many parts to us. Each one has the ability to do so many things. Don't limit yourself to just one story and for goodness sake, don't ever stop dreaming!!

With all my love,

Dara Rhodes


No comments:

Post a Comment