Featured post

Abimbola Elizabeth Rhodes (nee- Da Silva)

To Lagos,  Abimbola Elizabeth Rhodes (nee- Da Silva) was the Iyalode,  queen of all its women.  To Ile- Ife, she is Yeye Apesin, a godde...

Tuesday 1 April 2014

Survive

Hello Beautiful people,
I know its been a while and I apologize.Nonetheless, I haven't stopped thinking, dreaming or writing (In fact, I'm writing more than ever now but that's for another day)

I heard one of the office drivers talking about the Lagos traffic today and after a sigh, he ended the discussion with this sentence "We will survive" If I didn't know him so well, I guess i'd have dismissed the statement but if I had to sum him up in one sentence, I will probably say, "He is the "I will survive" man,"

Thus, those three words dragged me here. In fact, those words forced me here. Are we really here to survive or to thrive?

When he uttered those words, I know I should have said something but I didn't. I couldn't think of anything to say. Maybe, I'm a completely different person this year because I know that last year, without thinking, I would have said something like "Yes, we will survive."

Today? I just didn't feel like that was the right thing to say. I think this world has made surviving such an achievement, that it has almost made people aim to JUST survive. Maybe I'm not that different from last year, maybe I have just learn't the truth.

Dare I say, DON'T SURVIVE. Okay, that sounded a bit bad. Survive AT FIRST, but ONLY, if your ultimate aim is to thrive. I believe every single person has had to survive but the real difference is, some survived and are still surviving and others survived and then thrived the moment they got the opportunity -and believe me, opportunity is something every single person on this earth gets.

However, I understand that in this life, we will have to just survive some situations but like I have said on this blog before, seasons change. Once the season of surviving is over, PLEASE promise me you will thrive.

Thomas Edison "opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work,"
I think, opportunity is missed because too many people are busy surviving when they should be thriving.

When you see the man dressed in overalls, be sure to thrive.

With all my love,
Dara Rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment