Featured post

Abimbola Elizabeth Rhodes (nee- Da Silva)

To Lagos,  Abimbola Elizabeth Rhodes (nee- Da Silva) was the Iyalode,  queen of all its women.  To Ile- Ife, she is Yeye Apesin, a godde...

Wednesday 8 April 2015

How do you sleep?

Nigeria, Syria, Kenya, Rwanda, Nigeria (again), terrible upper back pain, migranes and now America.

Honestly? I'm exhausted from it all. Drained. Tired. Knackered. Yet somehow, it's 2:30 am on a Wednesday morning and I lay awake, tossing and turning in my bed. 

Of course I have something to say about my country's presidential election and everything going on in Syria and the massacre in Kenya and the 1994 Rwanda Genocide and the rife tribalism in my beloved Nigeria and the upcoming guber elections in Lagos and now the Walter Scott killing in America. But add all that to my personal everyday life and not only can I not sleep but I also have no more strength.

      Photo credit: bizzio.deviantart.com

Was the world always like this or are all these things happening because the world is coming to an end? Or is my generation just unlucky? I'd really like to just close my eyes and sleep and not think about anything or care about everything but that's the problem with exposure. You can't 'unexpose', so here I am, wondering how the rest of the world sleeps. 

If you never have trouble sleeping, I pray it continues. I pray peace envelopes you and your loved ones. I pray for love. I pray for healing. But above all, I pray for strength for all of us.


Because, if you are exposed to it all and still have strength, you'll need more soon. Best believe that. 


With all my love,
Dara Rhodes




No comments:

Post a Comment