Featured post

Abimbola Elizabeth Rhodes (nee- Da Silva)

To Lagos,  Abimbola Elizabeth Rhodes (nee- Da Silva) was the Iyalode,  queen of all its women.  To Ile- Ife, she is Yeye Apesin, a godde...

Thursday 27 June 2013

Negativity.

       I love negativity. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a negative person. Yet somehow, I always seem to be surrounded by negative energy. At first it bugged me and used to tear me down but when I realised that me getting depressed about it, didn't stop it, I found a way to turn all that energy into something amazing. Why are people so negative? I don't know. Maybe the emotion is a mixture of Jealousy and fear of the unknown. Maybe its not. What I do know is that, negative energy can give you your greatest push yet, if you let it. OR, it can push you off the edge, if you let it. Stay with me, I'll explain.


You see, negativity is a cue that you are doing something right or on your way to doing something great. You may say, but Dara, most people get negative energy so why aren't they all great? Well, I agree, most people or a large number of people receive a lot of negative energy but most of them do not or can't rise above it. Worse, they don't know how to convert this energy. I've grown to love negative energy. When I tell people I want to be a media mogul, I almost pray they don't believe it. I love it so much when someone says, "you can't" or "its not possible". Even better, "you're wasting your time". There is something so motivating about negative words. However, the mind has to be trained or turned into a converter. It won't be easy at all but you have to get to the point where you believe(with all your heart) that the greatest people have the fiercest battles. And, they are the greatest because they win. Many great people die without realising the greatness on the inside of them. As if all the battles aren't tough enough, other people's negativity then comes to kill the little hope they have left. Cruel? Absolutely. Yet somehow to win, you must learn to not only maintain that hope, but change it from little, to mighty. How? By converting the killer (negativity) into probably the strongest member of your army.


My point? Change the negative energy around you to positive energy and use it to propel you further!

Have a wonderful day!!

With all my love,
Dárà Rhodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment