Featured post

Abimbola Elizabeth Rhodes (nee- Da Silva)

To Lagos,  Abimbola Elizabeth Rhodes (nee- Da Silva) was the Iyalode,  queen of all its women.  To Ile- Ife, she is Yeye Apesin, a godde...

Sunday 28 June 2015

New Money? Really?

Hello beautiful people, 

At the start of this year, I took a break from tv, not because I was addicted to it or anything like that, but because I found it a complete waste of my time. 

     Photo: tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com

Anyway, yesterday morning, I decided to see what I had missed if I missed anything at all, and put on my television. After scanning all the DSTV channels and coming up short of anything vaguely interesting, I settled on E. And what happened? Two minutes later (I kid you not, it was exactly two minutes later) an advert came on for a show called "New money". New money, guys!!! E! Couldn't even conceal the show's intentions in its title.

I stopped twiddling with my phone and focused on the screen for the entirety of the ad, desperately hoping that the name of the show isn't literal. If you've never seen it or heard of the show, well, it's exactly what it says. It's an "unscripted" show about newly moneyed people spending/flaunting money in that disgusting manner only new moneyed people can. I thought "Rich kids of Beverly Hills" was bad but I guess bad can always get worse. 

Maybe that's even the moral of this story. Bad can always get worse. If you think you have it as bad as it can get, I'm sorry to be the one breaking the news but darling it can always get worse (a lot worse). Thus, as Monty Python ever so wonderfully sang, always look on the bright side of life. Because your bad, is still really the bright side in the grand scheme of things. While you are busy groaning about Rich kids of Beverly Hills (or what you think is bad), E! (Or life) is cooking up a "New money" show (Worse). 

So yes, I watched tv after six months and saw an advert for a show called "New money" that showed me that what I thought was bad "rich kids" could get a lot worse and I (ever so lovingly) thought it best to share this tiny nugget of wisdom with you all! Lol!

Have a wonderful day y'all!! 

With all my love,
Dara Rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment