Featured post

Abimbola Elizabeth Rhodes (nee- Da Silva)

To Lagos,  Abimbola Elizabeth Rhodes (nee- Da Silva) was the Iyalode,  queen of all its women.  To Ile- Ife, she is Yeye Apesin, a godde...

Wednesday 1 July 2015

Goodluck America!

Hello beautiful people,

"Just because we sin differently doesn't make our sin any less sin."


      Photo: www.politico.com

Anybody that knows me well (probably only my sisters) knows that I'm the biggest, baddest walking bag of contradictions. I can't stand vulgarity, but I love Nicki Minaj. I love BeyoncĂ©'s work ethic but can't stand half of her songs. I love God but I don't like church half the time and so on and so forth. 

The legislation of Gay marriage in America has been on mind for a while mais (but in French) I've been too exhausted to write my thoughts. Anybody that knows me well will probably also expect me to say I can't stand gay people, the Bible is against homosexuality and every other thing a staunch Christian would say. However, today, after reading countless articles and tweets for and against the law, all I have to say is, live and let live. Literally. Yes, the Bible says homosexuality is wrong but we all do things that the Bible says are wrong. Christians steal, lie, cheat, commit adultery and fornication all the time so who are we to judge homosexuals? 

I'm sick and tired of Christians rambling on about how this is an abormination in the sight of the Lord. Half of the things, human beings do are aborminations. I have absolutely no problem with America because 1) everybody deserves equality (gay, straight, black and white) 2) even if I had a problem, it wouldn't change anything. 3) (I think so many non-Americans forget this one) America is not my country! And mine has its own myriad of problems too!

Finally, whether I'm completely wrong for writing this and having this opinion or not, what we all should be doing is wishing America goodluck because whether or not we agree with the law, that country needs luck. So, goodluck America!! I wish you all the best. 

Oh and happy new month people!! 

With all my love, 
Dara Rhodes 

No comments:

Post a Comment