Featured post

Abimbola Elizabeth Rhodes (nee- Da Silva)

To Lagos,  Abimbola Elizabeth Rhodes (nee- Da Silva) was the Iyalode,  queen of all its women.  To Ile- Ife, she is Yeye Apesin, a godde...

Friday 25 October 2013

Love or hate

“She loves him because he is her son but she hates him”

Can you truly love someone and hate that person at the same time? I think so. I mean, they are both strong emotions. They are both emotions that overwhelm us. They go hand in hand. Don’t they?

I started this post yesterday evening and I was convinced they go hand in hand. I was convinced it’s possible to love and hate someone at the same time. I was convinced love and hate is strangely, one emotion. I thought about it overnight trying to further convince myself that I’m right, then something happened. A post I wrote in February (Fear), came running into my mind.

It is not possible. You can’t. Love is so much more powerful than hate that it sends out hate. Hate is too jealous to share with love. Fear, hate’s father (read the Fear post to understand) only abides where there is no love.

You can dislike the person you love sometimes but certainly not hate. It can even come close to hate but it is NOT hate. It can’t be. If it really is, then maybe you don’t love that person. Think about it this way, love is God, hate is the devil. You can’t put God and the devil in the same room and say you love them equally. That’s what we do when we love someone but hate that person. It may seem okay at first but eventually one drives the other out.

Have a wonderful day!

With all my love,

Dárà Rhodes x

No comments:

Post a Comment