Featured post

Abimbola Elizabeth Rhodes (nee- Da Silva)

To Lagos,  Abimbola Elizabeth Rhodes (nee- Da Silva) was the Iyalode,  queen of all its women.  To Ile- Ife, she is Yeye Apesin, a godde...

Saturday 12 October 2013

PRAON (Potential Returnees’ Association Of Nigeria)

You want to return home. You don’t know how. You wish you could return home. You wish you knew how to. I hate the word returnees, so I’m going to call them, People Who've Come Back (PWCB). The word “returnees” is too close to deportees or refugees for me. PWCB’s chose to come back.

You are starting to think of coming home too. If you were waiting for that sign from God, well, here it is. Go. Come back. Nigeria needs you. You need Nigeria. Your children need Nigeria. I normally like avoiding topics that seem to be “trending” such as this but not today. Are there challenges in Nigeria? Definitely. Will it be easy for you? No.Will it be worth it? Absolutely.

Last night, I met a Person Who’s Come Back (PWCB) and he was telling about all the challenges in Nigeria like no light, traffic, slow internet and how everything takes twice as long. Nonetheless, he ended with “But, there’s nothing as empowering as knowing that I actually have a chance to change something or genuinely help someone.” That statement inspired this post.

This post is specifically for members of PRAON. If you are thinking of coming home, you are a member. If you've ever seriously thought about coming back, you are a member. If you wish you could seriously think about coming home, you are a member. We are waiting for you. Nigeria is patiently waiting for you.

Have a wonderful day beautiful people!
With all my love,

Dárà Rhodes x

2 comments:

  1. I want to come back to Nigeria after 23years. I visit every year and take Nigerian goods back with me to sell. Good business. But I am not building a life relationship I want to come back to train people in my entrepreneur skill. But I am not sure most young nigerian wants training they just want to make it bill. How do I start

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you for your comment. How do you start? Well, you start by re-settling down in Nigeria. I think you are wrong about young Nigerians and training, especially in this day and age. Yes, young Nigerians want to make it big but more and more are realising the importance of training. It'll be tough initially but resilience is every successful Nigerian's watch word! I wish you all the best.

      Delete