Featured post

Abimbola Elizabeth Rhodes (nee- Da Silva)

To Lagos,  Abimbola Elizabeth Rhodes (nee- Da Silva) was the Iyalode,  queen of all its women.  To Ile- Ife, she is Yeye Apesin, a godde...

Thursday 17 October 2013

Perspective


The view from my office is beautiful. I can see the whole of Victoria Island from the balcony. I can see the Atlantic Ocean from my seat. It seems endless, it seems so near yet so far. I wonder if that’s the paradox of life. Just when you get there, you find out you haven’t even started. That’s a story for another day.  For now, whether you think you are there or only just at the beginning depends on only one thing. Perspective.

I wonder where the water is going. You may wonder where it’s coming from. My friend’s brother was at war with his parents over something he wanted to do. They didn't want him to do it because, it wasn't done in their culture. He wanted to do it because, we are in modern times and things like that don’t matter. Unfortunately for them all, I was called to judge the matter. How do you judge a matter that is so even? I understood his parent’s perspective but I also understood his.

Sometimes, we just need to take a few minutes and think about not what started the misunderstanding but the different points trying to be passed across. Sometimes, we just need to stop and realise that absolutely everything can go two ways. The water is coming from somewhere but its going somewhere too. Hence, you are right but so I’m I.

We need to be aware of each other. I think we spend so much time fighting the wrong battles. We shouldn't be fighting each other’s perspective but rather fighting to understand each other’s perspective.

Have a wonderful day!
With all my love,

Dárà Rhodes x

1 comment:

  1. Excellent and Insightful.
    Babatunde Scott from Adeola Odeku

    ReplyDelete